Addressing a dental emergency can be challenging. You want to make sure that you find the right people for the job. It is important that you do not wait to get help if you have a dental emergency. Emergency dentistry in Lucas, Texas is available for those who need a dentist as soon as possible. Dental emergencies happen when we least expect them and they are almost impossible to plan for. It is important that you take some time to learn about common dental emergencies and the best way to address them. It is much better for yourself or a loved one to be overprepared rather than blindsided.
Different Types of Dental Emergencies
Millions of people visit an emergency dentist every day for a number of different oral health issues. While not every case is the same, many people will experience similar emergencies that their dentist has likely dealt with before. Dentists help their patients with many different problems if you have a dental emergency:
- Fractured tooth: Our teeth are not immune to damage. Not taking care of your teeth properly can lead to weakened enamel which can leave your tooth more vulnerable to external stressors. A tooth can fracture and expose the root of your tooth making drinking, eating, and even talking much harder. Your dentist can help you repair your tooth quickly before any bacteria can find its way to your tooth.
- Severe and Constant Pain: Dental pain can keep us from completing daily tasks. It can keep us from eating and drinking hot or cold foods or prevent us from speaking or even sleeping. Tooth pain is often one of the earliest signs of more serious problems like gum disease or a tooth infection. Getting professional help is critical to preventing the problem from becoming worse.
- Missing or Knocked-Out Teeth: Accidents happen when we least expect it. It is important to remember that there is help available if you lose an adult tooth unexpectedly. If you get to see a dentist within a day of losing your tooth, they can possibly reattach the tooth before it is too late. If you are unable to make it in time, your dentist will likely suggest getting a dental implant to replace the tooth.
- Missing or Cracked Filling: Unfortunately, dental fillings do not last forever. Over the years, they go through regular wear and tear. Eventually, the filling can reach its breaking point and detach from the tooth. If this is the case, you risk exposing your tooth to infection and heightened sensitivity. it is important to reach out to an emergency dentist if you find yourself missing a filling.
Knowing How Much Pain You Are In
Everyone has their own definition of pain. When it comes to dental pain, it is important to know how to distinguish when you are experience discomfort and when you are experiencing pain. Discomfort is usually the first sign of something being wrong before the pain begins. Tracking any pain or discomfort can help you discuss treatment options with your dentist. It can also help you determine if you have a dental emergency? If you find yourself unable to go through your normal responsibility without being in pain, you likely need to visit a dentist as soon as possible.
Reach Out for Help From LoveJoy Dentistry
Your oral health is important. It is a crucial part of your overall health and needs to be properly taken care of. At LoveJoy Dentistry, we offer a number of services to help you keep a happy and healthy smile. Some of these services include:
- Root canal therapy
- Porcelain veneers
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Preventative dentistry services
- Tooth extractions
Take time today to learn about dental emergencies. If you or a loved one needs immediate dental work call 972.449.7411 to speak to one of our dental experts about how we can help.